function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
claficlafi 

Eclipse - No timeout option on Destination Details screen of Deployment Wizard

I installed some updates for eclipse (force.com) and it seems like the option to specify the timeout setting when deploying is no longer there. It used to be on the Destination Details screen of the deployment wizard, but now that part is just blank:

Is there any other way I can increase this setting when deploying?
Changing it on the actual project does not seem to work.

Thanks,
Claudia.

JonPJonP
The timeout on the deploy wizard is based on the value of the project properties.  If you feel that changing it in the project is not taking effect, try restarting Eclipse just to be certain.

The next version of the Force.com IDE should better accommodate large, long-running deployments (subject to our Safe Harbor Statement).
claficlafi
I still get a timeout error after restarting eclipse.
I even tried creating a new project and deploying my changes from there.

Deploying using ant works because I am able to specify a higher timeout value there.

JonPJonP
Yes, the Summer '08 Developer Preview release of the Force.com IDE has a maximum timeout of 10 minutes.  For some deployments that is not enough time, so you'll have to use the Force.com Migration Tool until we remove this constraint from the IDE.
claficlafi

Ok. Thanks for your response.

I'm pretty sure my deployment shouldn't take more than 10minutes, but I'll continue to use ant to deploy my code until the new version of eclipse comes out.

Thanks again!