function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
steve_andersensteve_andersen 

New Force.com Toolkit: Rollbackonerror in production?

I've got a project that is a production org. When I try to make custom field changes I get this:

Unable to perform save on all files: AxisFault: INVALID_OPERATION: rollbackOnError option must be true on a production org

Any clue on what this means and how to get around it?

Thanks!

Steve
MarkL.ax269MarkL.ax269
Steve, did you get an answer to this issue? I'm seeing the same thing, just installed a clean version of 3.3.1.1 with a brand-new workspace, and a brand-new Force.com project. I tried a simple "Save to Server" on an existing scontrol and after being informed that it was dirty :) got the same error you did.

Mark

Message Edited by MarkL on 01-09-2008 12:21 PM
I got an offline question from sf.com staff about my config, username and org, but haven't heard anything about a solution.

Steve
MarkL.ax269MarkL.ax269
Thanks Steve, hopefully someone will come up with an answer. As it is, I can't save anything to the server because of this error and another "invalid thread" error when trying to use Apply Project to Server.

Mark
cwall_sfdccwall_sfdc
Steve/Mark - Thanks for raising this issue.  We are working on a solution and will get back to you asap.

-Chris
RiverChaserRiverChaser
Add me to the list of people having problems with this. Eclipse is now completely unusable.

Thanks,
Don
MarkL.ax269MarkL.ax269
It's worth noting that it seems to work fine in development orgs but not in production. I did notice that in my dev org, I have to save the project to local disk first and then a "save to server" will actually update the org. If you don't save it locally first, it evidently uses the saved copy to update the server, which is the unchanged version. Shouldn't that function do both at once? It would save a step.

Mark
cwall_sfdccwall_sfdc
Regarding production saves and deploys... we'll post an updated toolkit sometime today.  Thanks for your patience.

Regarding not saving to dev... MarkL, are you saying that when you edit a file the toolkit is not saving to your dev org, and that you have to explicitly "Save to Server" to push those changes?  If so, does the Problems View report any errors?  Can you send me your logs?  $workspace/.metadata/.plugins/com.salesforce.toolkit/force-toolkit.log

-Chris
cwall@salesforce.com
MarkL.ax269MarkL.ax269
Thanks Chris, good news.

On the save to dev, yes that's what I am seeing. Without first saving the scontrol, I just selected Save to Server and it seemed to work. However when I checked the dev org itself, there were no changes to the scontrol. Then I explicitly saved the scontrol locally using cmd-S. Then I checked the dev org again and there was no change, so a simple save did not apply that change to the server. Finally I selected Save to Server again and this time the change was applied to the dev org. I'll send over the logs, thanks for the help!

[edit] I don't find the log you referenced. I'm using a Mac if that makes a difference, searched for anything resembling and got nothing.

Mark

Message Edited by MarkL on 01-11-2008 11:32 AM
JohnPCutlerJohnPCutler
This might be a very silly question, but once you do post an update, what will be involved from our end?

Thanks

John
RiverChaserRiverChaser
Eclipse isn't finding any updates. Was it posted yesterday?

Thanks,
Don
cwall_sfdccwall_sfdc
Hey everyone.  Sorry for the late notice, but the release has been delayed until mid-week.  Look for a posting on these message boards. 

To rollback to an earlier version, move features/com.salesforce.toolkit.* and plugins/com.salesforce.toolkit.* to an archive location and re-install the previous version from the following update site: http://www.adnsandbox.com/eclipsetoolkit/10.0/.

Sorry for the inconvenience.  Please email me if you have any questions or concerns.

-Chris
cwall@salesforce.com
cwall_sfdccwall_sfdc
Hey Mark.

Is anything reported in the Problems View?  If you have PDE plugins installed, can you open the Error Log to see if any related messages are reported?

Regarding the logs... It could be that .metadata is hidden from your search.  On your Mac, open up a terminal and change directory (cd) to your Eclipse's workspace directory.  Within that structure you should fine a .metadata directory (ls -al), and within that structure should be .plugins/com.salesforce.toolkit/force-toolkit.log.

-Chris
cwall@salesforce.com
MarkL.ax269MarkL.ax269
Thanks Chris, that was it. I'm sending the logs now. I didn't see anything in the problems view, but it's been a few days. As soon as I can set up to test it again, I'll let you know.

Mark
Manu ErwinManu Erwin
I've just updated Eclipse with the latest release and still experiencing problems.

Unable to perform save on all files: AxisFault: INVALID_OPERATION: rollbackOnError option must be true on a production org
jf317820jf317820
same...
manu wrote:
I've just updated Eclipse with the latest release and still experiencing problems.

cwall_sfdccwall_sfdc
manu and jf317820 - What version of the toolkit are you using?  If the version is 11.1.1.200712191842, a fix is on it's way.  Check back soon.

-Chris
cwall@salesforce.com
I have 11.1.1.200801151537 and am getting the rollback error on a production org. Seems to work fine on a dev org.

Steve
Also, custom fields and objects weren't showing up for me under unpackaged, so I created a dummy package with all the fields in there and then they all showed up in that package folder.

This was in a dev org.

Steve
akhilesh_sfdcakhilesh_sfdc
Hi Steve,

I am with Quality Engineering team for the Force.com IDE. We have been trying to reproduce the issues that you mentioned but with no success. Could you please email us the following:

1) Force.com IDE logs. Should be under $workspace/.metadata/.plugins/com.salesforce.toolkit/
2) The Username/Org ID of Prod and Dev org you are facing issues with.
3) And if possible a quick set of steps that lead you to the rollbackOnError issue.

You could email all this to agupta@salesforce.com and cwall@salesforce.com

Thanks
Akhilesh
RiverChaserRiverChaser
I've updated the toolkit to 11.1.1.200801151537 as well, and am still getting the rollbackOnError message as well.

Don
Manu ErwinManu Erwin
I was using 11.1.1.200801151537 and have reverted to the one from Oct to be able to keep working.
MarkL.ax269MarkL.ax269
Just as a followup, today I installed Eclipse 3.3.1.1 clean with a brand-new workspace and installed 11.1.1.200801151537 also new. I created a new project for my Sandbox instance and created the HelloWorld class and trigger, and a test class. It saved to the Sandbox org just fine and it worked.

Then I deployed the two classes and one trigger to my production org and tested. Everything worked perfectly, no errors at all and the trigger fires and runs in the production org. Looks great guys!

One question - in a prior version I could deactivate triggers but I don't see how to do that in the production org. How do I deactivate it? Thanks!

Mark
MarkL.ax269MarkL.ax269
I should also add that in the meantime I had updated my Mac to java 6. This is also the first time I tried deploying from a Sandbox to a Production instance - before I was trying to deploy from a Developer to a Production instance. I haven't tried Developer again.

Mark
cwall_sfdccwall_sfdc
Hey everyone.  We posted version 11.1.1.200801181701 that includes a fix for the inability to deploy/save to a production instance.  See Updating the Force.com IDE to install this update via Eclipse's Update Manager.

Thanks for your patience.

-Chris
cwall@salesforce.com
RiverChaserRiverChaser
Chris,

It was worth the wait. The problem is fixed for me.

Thanks!
Don
Manu ErwinManu Erwin
Thanks for the work on the latest version :)

Good news: I'm not getting the error anymore
Bad news: Neither Save nor 'Save to server' seems to upload my changes from Eclipse to Salesforce

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong OR my installation is incorrect.

Can someone please confirm that changes are being applied at the server level.

thanks in advance,
manu
cwall_sfdccwall_sfdc
Hey manu.  Yes, changes should be applied or an error should be reported.  Are errors/issues displayed in the Problems View?  Can you send me your IDE logs containing the "Save to Server" and/or save action?

Logs can be found here: $workspace/.metadata/.plugins/com.salesforce.toolkit/force-toolkit.log

-Chris
cwall@salesforce.com
Manu ErwinManu Erwin
Hi Chris,
nothing displayed in the 'Problems' view.

I've emailed you my 'force-toolkit.log'.

cheers,
manu