function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AMartinAMartin 

Updating Opportunity Product dates after modifying Opp close date

Hi,
Is it possible to use Apex code to update Opportunity line item (and line item schedules) dates after an opportunity close date has been modified?  For example, when a close date has been moved out 30 days, I want the associated line item and line item schedule dates to be moved out 30 days.  Such a trigger would eliminate the common scenario that I now face: opps closing in 2008 but product revenue starting in 2007.

Would anyone have any code samples that would help me with this?  While I've played with VBA, Java based coding is completely new to me so I need all the help I can get.

Thanks.

Aiden
Big EarsBig Ears
Martin,

If you never managed this, drop me a message on here, I'll share my code with you.

Andy
AMartinAMartin

Hi Andy,

I appreciate the reply and any help you can offer.

Have you run into any governor limits?  I can have multiple products added to an opportunity and products can have a revenue schedules of 60 months each.

My email is aiden . martin @ aliant . ca if you would like to take this offline.

thanks again.

Aiden

JCanaJCana

Andy,

This issue is something we are currently struggling with.  We have been able to create reports to identify the problem Opportunities but would like to figure out how to automate this process.

I will give your email a try in hopes that I can get a hold of your code.

Thanks,

-Jesse 

Message Edited by JCana on 03-27-2009 02:09 PM