function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ken_devken_dev 

Unknown_Exception - Eclipse Deploy to Production Generates Error

When I attempt to deploy to production from Eclipse the Validate Deployment button generates the following exception:

RuntimeException: Failed deployment: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION msg:UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: An unexpected error occured. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 4xxxxxx
Failed deployment: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION msg:UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: An unexpected error occured. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 4xxxxxx

I look at the error logs and everything appears to be running successfully.

Any info would be appreciated,
ken

Message Edited by ken_dev on 01-22-2008 01:55 PM
JonPJonP
Hi Ken,

Can you provide your Eclipse version, your Force.com IDE version, and a list of the types of metadata objects you were trying to deploy to production?

As of Winter '08, with a production environment you can only deploy Apex Classes, Apex Triggers, and S-controls.  You can use the full set of available metadata objects with Developer Edition and Sandbox environments.

Thanks,
Jon
ken_devken_dev

Eclipse Version : 3.3.1.1
Force.com IDE Version :  11.1.1.200801181701

I was attempting to upload 2 Apex Classes and an Apex Trigger.
I could see the Unit Test output in the Debug log and did not see any errors (in the Debug Log). Although,  there were multiple entries in the Debug Log for each Unit Test so it looked like it was calling the Unit Tests more than once. 

I have unit tests in both the Apex Classes.

thanks,
ken
JonPJonP
Could you email me your debug log at "jplax at salesforce.com"?

Thanks,
Jon