function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
WeetzWeetz 

ANT - cannot delete trigger in production

I do not seem to be able to delete a trigger from production using the ANT tool.  I get the following error:

C:\Documents and Settings\rogerh\My Documents\SFDC-APEX>ant delete
    Buildfile: build.xml
    delete:
    [sf:compileAndTest] compileAndTest on https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/10.0, compiling 0 classes and 0 triggers, deleting 0 classes and 1 triggers
    BUILD FAILED
    C:\Documents and Settings\rogerh\My Documents\SFDC-APEX\build.xml:17: Failed:
    Failed to delete trigger SetLeadCallCount: Not found for delete 'SetLeadCallCount'

Total time: 4 seconds

My build.xml file includes:
    <!-- Cleans up above. (Deletes can be combined with compiles.) -->
    <target name="delete">
        <sf:compileAndTest username="${sf.username}" password="${sf.password}" server="${sf.serverurl}" apiversion="10.0">
            <deleteTrigger>SetLeadCallCount</deleteTrigger>
        </sf:compileAndTest>
    </target>
I called SFDC support and was told that ANT is not supported, although right on the page in Setup->App Setup->Deploy-> Tools it says:

Salesforce-Supported Tools

Apex Deployment Tool  A Java/ANT-based command line utility for scripted deployment of Apex code.

Is anyone else having this problem?  My kluge workaround was to basically have the trigger do nothing and redeploy it.  I really want to remove it altogether.
werewolfwerewolf
It may sound silly, but:

The trigger really is called SetLeadCallCount, right?  No typos, case-sensitivity issues, etc. in there?

Just looking for Occam's Razor.

Message Edited by werewolf on 06-02-2008 07:01 PM
WeetzWeetz
That was it!  I can't believe I missed that.  Thank you for lending another set of eyes!!