function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFDC NoviceSFDC Novice 

HELP:% of won opportunities by Type

I keep thinking this should be simple, but I can not figure it out.   I am being asked what is the % of 'new business'  and the % of 'existing client' business that was won in the last 30 days. (new business and existing client are opportunity types)  I created a report that lists closed won opportunities grouped by opportunity type for the last 30 days.  When I attempt to add the 'win percentage' thru custom summary formulas...I can't get it to understand that I need it by type.  Right now I have {!WON:SUM} / {!CLOSED:SUM} as the formula.  I thought by having the report grouped by type the formula would intuitively understand I would want the answer returned by the types total. PLEASE HELP ME!
cluvara51cluvara51
I'm not quite sure it will do this with a custom summary formula. It will give you the record count of the individual groupings by using "RowCount", but I dont think you can divide "RowCount" by total count.

Chris
protoguyprotoguy
Hi - I used your question as an example problem to test building another SF.com report w/ our product. I thought I'd post it in case it's useful to you. The app below should do what you need... hope this helps:
http://www.protosw.com/mods/app/view/310

feel free to message me or call (number at our website) if you have questions / etc. Proto uses the SF.com web services (WSDL), so you will have to have access to those in your account... (Professional + web services, or Enterprise).

cheers,
byron