function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFDC NoviceSFDC Novice 

Campaign Source Name

My marketing user want to be able to view the campaign source when they view reports that return oppty stage history metrics.  Campaign source is not available to select...so I created a formula field to read the campaign source on the record, but I could only select campaign ID for the formula and it return a number vs. a name. Can you tell me how to get the campaign name to render in a formula field?

Many thanks,
Novice
KaushikKaushik
Hi
A workable solution can be achieved by using a case statement.If you have few campaigns,a formula can be written to map the campaign Ids to the campaign name(Using Case)

Hope this will help you out,
Thanks
Kaushik
SFDC NoviceSFDC Novice

Hello...thanks for the tip.  Can you provide an example of the formula? I am sincerely a newbie and could use some direction from an expert.  I thought I should mention we do have a large amount of campaigns...I am not sure if that changes anything.  Please let me know your thoughts.

Kind regards,

Novice

KaushikKaushik

Yes sure.

The first thing to do ,is to create a map table between the campaign ID and the Campaign Name for your reference.This can be done using an eXcel connector.If this is not possible you can manually lookup and find the campaign-Id and Campaign names,by creating a custom field for showing up campaign Ids in the campaign/Lead/Opportunities page.

Then once you have the complete list,your formula would look something like this

CASE(CampaignId,CampaignId_1,CampaignName_1,CampaignId_2,CampaignName_2.....)

The formula has a limit of 4K.So It depends on the number of Campaigns your SFDC has...You can also trying enetring the formula in the update fields page in the workflows section.

There might be, a better way to do this.

Hope this will help you out.

Thanks