function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mbruso3mbruso3 

Validation Rule - Multi-Picklist - Workaround

So I just read that multi-picklists can not be used in formulas.  Would anyone have a solution or work around to determine if no values are selected on a multi-picklist?
LibraLibra
I am trying to figure out how to force an entry into a multi picklist if my Sales Stage equals Obtain Quote.  If I find anything I will share.  Hopefully, someone out the can help us?
MyGodItsColdMyGodItsCold

I have found that I can read a multi picklist entry from one object, and set another object's multi picklist entry to that value. So, one approach might be to create a custom object with a discription field and 2 multi picklist fields - both that match that of the record in question. Then - as long as the permutations and combinations of your multi picklist entries are managable, you could create objects with the possibilities - one picklist without the entry you want to force, and one with. Finally, when Sales Stage equals Obtain Quote, you could search for a matching entry in the w/o the entry field, and when you find it - grab the with entry field, and stuff it back into your original record.

Sounds like a lot of work, but until we get access to multi picklist fields, this will work.