function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
flescorflescor 

custom formula field in default revenue schedule

For some professional-services products, I'd like to enable revenue schedules in which revenue is scheduled according to the formulas

Month_One_Rev_c = IF( Duration_Months__c =1, TotalPrice , ( TotalPrice / 2 ) / Duration_Months__c )

Months_2+_Rev_c = IF( Duration_Months__c = 1, 0, TotalPrice / Duration_Months__c * ( 1 + 0.5 / ( Duration_Months__c - 1 ) ) )

This is a crude version relying on a custom field in which user enters duration in months of the project revenue.  Basically the formula yields a pattern in which the first month's revenue tends to be a bit more than 50% of the revenue in the subsequent months; it's a crude proxy for typical revenue patterns and it's "close enough for government work."

Those of you who remember more high-school algebra, can I
a) embody this pattern in one formula rather than two?
b) use the formula in other than custom fields, i.e., use it in conjunction with the standard revenue schedule fields rather than separate custom fields?

BurkettrBurkettr

DId you ever figure out how to get formulas to reflect in revenue schedules?  I'm experiencing a similar issue.  We're trying to enter in a base $ amount per month (just like the out of the box, standard functionality provides) but we want to also enter in a percentage, then have those two fields calculate the final revenue schedule amount for that month.

Currently revenue scheduling provides:

1. Date

2. Revenue

What we need is:

1. Date

2. Base $ Amount

3. Percentage

4. Revenue (Base $ Amount x Percentage)

The Base $ Amount would be a custom field on the revenue schedule and the Percentage would be pulled in from the Account (as a default).