function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dajerzdajerz 

Month over month syntax error

Hi, I'm trying to put together a month over month and year over year comparison report.  I have the formula fields in which to achieve this however  I am encountering a syntax problem with CloseData (see below).  Sf keeps telling me that there is no such field as CloseDate.  However Close Date is a standard field in Opportunities.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

CASE( MONTH ( {!CloseDate} ) , 1, "01 - January", 2, "02 - February", 3, "03 - March", 4, "04 - April", 5, "05 - May", 6, "06 - June", 7, "07 - July", 8, "08 - August", 9, "09 - September", 10, "10 - October", 11, "11 - November", "12 - December")

David
KaushikKaushik

Hi,

It works perfectly for me.

You could try changing {!CloseDate} to CloseDate.. and also make sure that the formula return type is Text.

CASE( MONTH ( CloseDate ) , 1, "01 - January", 2, "02 - February", 3, "03 - March", 4, "04 - April", 5, "05 - May", 6, "06 - June", 7, "07 - July", 8, "08 - August", 9, "09 - September", 10, "10 - October", 11, "11 - November", "12 - December")

Thanks,

Kaushik

dajerzdajerz
Kaushik,
Thanks for the tip, it worked for the text formula field.  However I am encountering the same syntax problem in creating the currency formula field, i.e., Error: Field CloseDate does not exist. Check spelling.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

David
KaushikKaushik
Hi David,
Sorry I couldn't get you.Why do you want to use a currency field for a month?

Kaushik
dajerzdajerz

Well to answer your question, the original instructions discussed creating two currency formula fields:

B) Create 2 currency formula fields:

Current Year Amount = IF( YEAR( {!CloseDate} ) = YEAR(TODAY()) , {!Amount} , 0 )

Previous Year Amount = IF( YEAR( {!CloseDate} ) = YEAR(TODAY()) - 1 , {!Amount} , 0 )

That is why I created a currency formula.  Are you saying that these formulas should be text formulas as well?

David

KaushikKaushik
Just created a formula field with currency and it works fine(used the same formula you have provided).I hope you are using the merge fields from the drop down?
dajerzdajerz

Ok here is where my "newbieness" to SF comes in.  I did not use the merge fields -- which ones should be used?

/d

Greg-inficienceGreg-inficience

In formula fields, the syntax is different from merge fields. It is not {!CloseDate} but just CloseDate. You formula should read:

IF( YEAR( CloseDate ) = YEAR(TODAY()) , Amount , 0 ).

Keeping them as currency formulas is OK.