function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nsirotansirota 

Combine Fields

Hello SF Community,

I am brand new to Salesforce, and I am trying to compile a report.
We have added custom month fields under the Opportunity table (Jan, Feb, Mar, etc.)
These fields contain the amount of earnings expected from an opportunity that particular month. 

The report that I am compiling needs to add the months into quarters (There is no field for quarterly earnings in the DB).

So the layout is as follows:
Jan =$10k
Feb =$10k
Mar =$10k

and I need to output to excel in form of:
Q1 Revenue = $30k

I have been messing with the formula fields for some time now and I cannot seem to figure out a way to sum the values of those fields. 

The error I get is:  "Field Feb__c does not exist. Check spelling."
I get this for all the months. Also the fields for months, even though they contain a currency value, were created as text fields.

The last formula I attempted to put in:

Label: Q1
Format: Number
Formula:
Jan__c + Feb__c + Mar__c

Also, the month fields do not appear under the drop down menu.

Thank you very much in advance!

smoodysmoody
Changing the months to number fields should resolve your problem.

nsirotansirota
We have quite a bit of data entered in the month fields, is there any way I can modify these fields from text to number without loosing the data?

All the fields contain number characters, so it shouldnt be an issue on our end.
smoodysmoody
How long have you been using the fields and how much data is in there? It would be extremely easy if you used ExcelConnector. I just tried a formula with a text field and I got an error so you need to use number fields.

If you need any help, just let me know.