function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gilbert8109gilbert8109 

Validation Rule Formula Not Working

I've got a really simple validation rule formula that used to work but no longer does.  I suspect the reason is that several of the fields in the formula were changed from number to currency type fields.  Here's the rule:

(X2010_Expected_Gross_Revenue__c + X2011_Expected_Gross_Revenue__c + X2012_Expected_Gross_Revenue__c + X2013_Expected_Gross_Revenue__c + X2014_Gross_Revenue__c + X2015_Estimated_Gross_Revenue__c)<>Amount

All it says is that the SUM of 6 yearly revenue fields has to equal the Amount field.  If the sum of those 6 fields is greater or less than the amount, the validation rule is triggered, and the user can't save the record until the  rule is satisfied.

The rule does not work.  Is there something wrong with the syntax?  All the fields in the formula are CURRENCY fields.  Thanks.

SporterSporter

I don't see anything wrong with it, have you checked the debug log to see the values being passed to the validation rule on a record saved?

gilbert8109gilbert8109

I just checked the log but nothing shows up.  I called SF about this  and have a case pending with them.  I'm pretty sure the problem is not the rule, but rather, something Salesforce needs to reconfigure on their end due to the field type changes I made.  When I changed those fields to currency from number type fields, this appears to have made the validation rule ineffective and it no longer works. 

SporterSporter

Case #?