function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MicheleMMicheleM 

How do I capture the LAST activity date and note?

I added a custom field on the Activities object so that when you "log a call" you can choose which report the comment should appear on.  This helps manage all the different department reports.  Since moving to salesforce I can't get the report to give me just the LAST comment with the report code = "PR".  I have to specify time frames, etc. that don't do what I need on the reports. I figured the best way to get my reports to work is to create a field named "Last PR Comment" on my custom object "Transaction" and then copy the last history item coded with the result code = "PR".  However, I can't use workflow or custom fields to get data from the activity object to the transaction object.  I'm at a loss for how to get the data.  Any ideas????  I can use my idea here to copy it to my transaction object or I'm open to anything similar that would work.  

Thanks!

Michele

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

I too had a similar requirement , wherein i had to record the last acivity description and the last activity date of a custom object. So i did this through atrigger on Task/Activity - when a new Task/ Activity is created we copied the Activity Date and Activity Comment on to the linked/related custom object.

So your specific requirement can be fulfilled by writing a simple trigger on Task/ Activity.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.