function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
scottyscotty 

Updat Mailing Country with US when mailing states are within the US.

I need some assistance.  I have written a workflow rule to support a field update on the mailing country.  I believe that my rule is working, but the update is not. As the Country is a text field i want to set to USA if the US states are populated Any assistance would be helpful.

Steve :-/Steve :-/

What you are trying to do is totally feasible with the WFR-Field Update. 

Can you post the WFR that you are using, along with the Trigger and Evalauation criteria? 

scottyscotty

Thanks for the reply

Our records are refreshed daily with roilling updates at the contact level, so i am not using a triger to update the records.

Here is the criteria

((Contact: Mailing State/ProvinceequalsAK:AZ:CA,HI,NV,NM,OR,UT,WA) or (Contact: Mailing State/ProvinceequalsCO,ID,MT,KS,OK,TX,WY) or (Contact: Mailing State/ProvinceequalsCT,ME,MA,NH,NY,PA,RI,VT) or (Contact: Mailing State/ProvinceequalsAL,AR,DC,DE,FL,GA,KY,LA,MD,MS,NC,NJ,SC,TN,VA,WV) or (Contact: Mailing State/ProvinceequalsIL,IN,IA,MI,MN,MO,NE,ND,OH,SD,WI)) and (Contact: Mailing Countryequalsnull)

Here is the field update

NameCountry USA  
Unique NameCountry_USA  
Description 
ObjectContact  
Field to UpdateContact: Mailing Country
Field Data TypeText
Formula Value"USA"

You need a Workflow Rule to trigger the Field Update Workflow Action.  

scottyscotty

The criteria was provided above.  This is in the wfr.

Can you post a screenshot of the WFR along with the triggers and evaluation criteria? 

Like this-> 

scottyscotty

Due to system restrictions at work, I can not paste the screen shot into the community area until later today. I sent it to your email address.  Hope that was ok.