function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jeremy_rossjeremy_ross 

Need to tell Force.com IDE to ignore a folder

I've created a folder in my eclipse project for holding various stuff that needs to be version controlled with the project.  However, it apears that the force.com IDE thinks it's a package and is complaining that my package.xml is missing.  Is there some way to tell the IDE to ignore developer-created folders?

thanks

jeremy
JonPJonP
If you put your files somewhere in your Force.com Project other than the "src" or "Referenced Packages" folders, there's a chance it might work.  But generally speaking, no, the Force.com IDE does not support user-defined folders or files mixed in with the metadata component files kept in sync with the server.
jeremy_rossjeremy_ross
Thanks.  I haven't found a place in the project where I can stash related files and not have the IDE complain.  This makes version control pretty awkward.

JonPJonP
Your Force.com project doesn't have to be the root node of your version control project.  Under your trunk you could check in one folder for your Force.com project and one for a generic Eclipse project with your other files.