function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
miss vmiss v 

Day of the Week - excluding Saturday and Sunday

I am trying to create a 'Work Day' formula for my company so they can calculate how many leads were contacted up until today, but excluding non-working days.

Basically, I need to write a formula that calculates the number of days in a month (up to Today), but does not include Saturday or Sunday.  For instance, today is August 13...  but instead of 13 days this month, it would need to calculate 9 days (subtracting out Aug4&5 and Aug 11&12).

Is this possible?  I'm willing to create multiple fields, but I cannot even being to figure out how to do this.

Thanks for any help provided.

MSheridanMSheridan
Where are you putting this formula?
miss vmiss v

I was going to put it in a custom object screen we have called 'Benefit' - I wanted to mainly use this in reports.  In our Custom Object Benefit, we have a field that caulcates number of people seen.  Basically, I just wanted to be able to determine an average of how many people were seen each working day of the month.  I wanted to monitor our employee's effectivness.

Thanks.

MSheridanMSheridan

Try going to this posting:

http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=practices&message.id=2085

There is a formula posted that is similiar to what you are looking for.