function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
icbomber38icbomber38 

Lead - ISCHANGED(OwnerId)

I'm using a workflow rule to trigger custom email based on ownership change of a Lead record.  This "ISCHANGED(OwnerId)" works great except that we use queues (with assigned users).  All of the queue users get an email when we a lead owner is changed to a queue.  I don't want the email to go out when a lead is assigned to a queue - only a user.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Lee
RajaramRajaram
Lee,
 If you want to filter out queues, you will have to get the IDs of the queue and include 'ownerID < "<id>"' in the formula.
For example
AND(
  ISCHANGED(OwnerId),
  OwnerId <> "00GD00000017eUs"
)

You can also use the PRIORVALUE to track who or which queue was the previous owner and build rules.

Hopefully this helps...

Raja
pmozz01pmozz01

I am having a similar problem with queues, but also when a custom object is submitted to a queue, nothing shows up in that queue, so I do need to resolve that issue first.  Any suggestions at what might be causing this issue?

Thanks!

RajaramRajaram
Hi,
 can you please provide more details on your issue? The use case, the rule configuration etc?

Thanks,
Raja
pmozz01pmozz01

Raja,

I have created a custom object that will be created and submitted into an approval process by a sales pro.  The first approver is a queue - Technical Queue.  I have a workflow rule that says when the record type = "Technical development request"  immediately do a field update changing the owner to "Technical Queue".  The field does not update the owner field nor can I see anything in the view that was created when I created the Technical Queue.  I cannot figure out what I am missing.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Patti

pmozz01pmozz01

Raja,

I was able to get the queues set up and working. After re-reading how to set up leads/cases with assignment rules, I thought that maybe that also applied to custom objects.  I did not realize that queues required a workflow rule, but I did create a rule that changes the owner field to the queue, which then allows the object to show up in the queue. I've not tested extensively, but think I'm on the right path and can also trigger the reminder email should no one in the queue take ownership of the record within a specified time period. I think that once that is done and I clean up the email triggers (right now I'm getting multiple emails - one from workflow and one from approval process), I will have this working pretty much as I intended.  If this does not sound like the right way to go, please let me know.  Thanks!

Patti