function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kim_lebiczkim_lebicz 

Validation Rule Problem

Hello All

I have created two new record types for the case object that have custom fields that the standard case object does not. These record types have only been assigned to my sys admin profile for testing. I have also created multiple validation rules specific to the new record types. Here is my problem.

If a Support Profile (have not been assigned the new record types) creates a standard case they do not have any problems.

If a different Support Profile (have not been assigned the new record types) creates a standard case they receive the following error:

Error: Invalid Data.
Review all error messages below to correct your data.

* Validation Formula "Missing_SN_Alert_2" Invalid (Could not access the following field: P_N_2__c. Contact your administrator.)

* Validation Formula "Missing_SN_Alert_3" Invalid (Could not access the following field: P_N_3__c. Contact your administrator.)

* Validation Formula "Missing_SN_Alert_4" Invalid (Could not access the following field: P_N_4__c. Contact your administrator.)

* Validation Formula "Quantity_Field_Error_2" Invalid (Could not access the following field: P_N_2__c. Contact your administrator.)

* Validation Formula "Quantity_Field_Error_3" Invalid (Could not access the following field: P_N_3__c. Contact your administrator.)

* Validation Formula "Quantity_Field_Error_4" Invalid (Could not access the following field: P_N_4__c. Contact your administrator.)

I have checked the field security and it is editable to all users and I can't seem to find any difference in the two profiles. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Kim
kim_lebiczkim_lebicz
Thought this might help. This is an example of one of the validation rules.

AND( ISPICKVAL(Reason_for_Missing_SN2__c , ""), LEN(DEF_S_N2__c ) = 0, LEN( P_N_2__c ) >0, $RecordType.Name = "RMA")
icbomber38icbomber38
C'mon Kim, you should be able to handle that with your eyes closed!

Just kidding - you lost me after three words. 

I hope all is well!

Lee
webdevwebdev
Did you ever find out what was the issue there?

Thanks!
kim_lebiczkim_lebicz
Yes. The profile I was using did not have access to Products.
webdevwebdev
Cool! Thanks!
Always ThinkinAlways Thinkin

We received the same error message:

FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, Validation error on Account: Validation Formula "00N80000004YLJq" Invalid (Could not access the following field: Require_Declined_Type.)

The error indicated that the action could not be completed because the Validation Rule could not be evaluated as opposed to just failing the validation rule's criteria.

After a thorough review of all the validation rule, and the related fields and profiles turned up no evidence of anything out of order, we simply deleted and recreated the validation rule. We had not been able to trap the error or make it occur consistently but it hasn't appeared since "rebooting" the validation rule.