function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PDXMarinerFanPDXMarinerFan 

Need to Report On and/or Verify for double quotation marks

Below is an example of data in a text field.  We need a way to determine if the text starts and ends with a quotation mark.  I have tried to start a formula field, but that I can not test for quotation marks.  Does anyone know how this can be done.

"J:\\US Mailing Program\\Electronic Signature Image Files\\Barry H. Jaruzelski.jpg"
Jeff TalbotJeff Talbot
There's an entry in Help & Training that discusses using quote marks and backslashes in the OUTPUT of text formula fields.... I tried it directly in a formula and didn't get a syntax error... but haven't fully tested it... give it a try and let us know if it works.

-----------------------------------------------
A backslash or double quotation marks are characters which can be used in formulas, and so special "escape characters" are used if you wish to output these characters as a text value.

Each character must follow a backslash.

For example, if your formula field is set to output (Apples\Bananas), it must be listed in the formula as (Apples\\Bananas) in order for the formula to work correctly.

Similarly, if your formula field is set to output (This is a "test" value), it must be listed in the formula as (This is a \"test\" value).

This applies only to text formula fields as this is the only data type where / and "" can appear in the output value.
PDXMarinerFanPDXMarinerFan
Thanks!  This is how I used it.

IF(BEGINS( Primary_Owner_Signature__c  ,"\""),"TRUE", "FALSE")

Mark Bruso

Portland, Oregon