function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
yuichicyuichic 

a mail address of Force.com Email Services can't be replyTo address of outbound emails?

Hi,

I want to send outbound emails whose reply to address is the email address generated by Force.com Email Services.
When recipients reply, I want to process these reply mails with my apex class.
However, if I set the address generated by Force.com Email Services as replyTo, sendEmail method fails.
The error message is as follows.

SendEmail failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INVALID_EMAIL_ADDRESS, Invalid replyTo address : (the mail address genereated by Force.com Email Services)

Why is the address of Force.com Email Services invalid?
Rasmus MenckeRasmus Mencke
We currently don't allow a Force.com Email Service address to be used as a the from address or reply-to address when the email is send from within salesforce.com.

You would need to send the email from outside of Salesforce today - we are evalutating if we should allow the replyto address to be a Force.com Email Service address.
yuichicyuichic
Thank you for replying.

I think it's useful to allow a Force.com Email Service address,  because email services are suitable for various situations.
For example, if recipients are using email on a mobile phone, the web interface may be inconvenient.
When we want to make recipients confirm something, it's always possible for recipients to reply emails directly.
So, I hope a Force.com Email Service address will be allowed to be the reply-to address.
arasuarasu

Hi Rasmus,

I was able to add the emailservice generated emailid  as the replyto address in sandbox and it worked fine in sandbox. But when I try the same in production after updaing to the production emailservice generated email ID, it fails with following error:
INVALID_EMAIL_ADDRESS, Invalid replyTo address

Appreciate if you could kindly throw some light on this. I am unable to understand why it works in sandbox and NOT in production.

Thanks and regards,
Ambili

arasuarasu

Hi Rasmus,

I was able to add the emailservice generated emailid  as the replyto address in sandbox and it worked fine in sandbox. But when I try the same in production after updaing to the production emailservice generated email ID, it fails with following error:
INVALID_EMAIL_ADDRESS, Invalid replyTo address

Appreciate if you could kindly throw some light on this. I am unable to understand why it works in sandbox and NOT in production.

Thanks and regards,
Ambili

arcadiabakery1.315390544091857arcadiabakery1.315390544091857

I really need to have a salesforce email service address as a reply-to address. Is it still not allowed? If it is, is there any workaround? (appreciate any suggestions) thank you