function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
icbomber38icbomber38 

Recruiting Manager App - anyone using?

Our recruiter is giving this app a try - he likes but for one thing - we can't figure out how to convert APPLICANTS to CANDIDATES.  Anyone have a clue?  The app is from SFDC but I have no idea who to ask for some help.

Thanks,

Lee
jenglerjengler

Hi Lee,

We've got that upgrade to the Recruiting Manager application on our feature request list. We'll work on getting that out for you.

Also, FYI, the best place to call if you need Support with salesforce.com is 415-901-7010. That's the basic support line.

Jeremy

icbomber38icbomber38

Thanks Jengler.

Just curious - how the heck are you supposed to use the app without that feature?

I wasn't sure if the support number covered free apps from SFDC.

Lee

jenglerjengler
That's one of the challenges that we face with apps on the AppExchange. We're trying to keep enough apps available for Professional Edition customers so we didn't add the scontrol that would do this operation, thereby making it unusable for PE due to the use of the AJAX toolkit.

And yes, all apps provided by salesforce.com are supported by the same. Third-party vendors are responsible for supporting their applications.
icbomber38icbomber38

Lots of technical mumbo jumbo there ;) but I get it.  We just brought on a full-time recruiter and he actually figured out everything else.  He wants to use it religiously but that makes it a little tricky.

Thanks again.

betsynbetsyn
Did you ever come up with a work around to convert candidates (applicants) to contacts?
icbomber38icbomber38
I don't recall precsiely what we did but shortly thereafter our recruiter stopped using SFDC entirely.  He really doesn't have a CRM mentality like he thought he did.  I'm not sure what he is using these days but I uninstalled the app a while ago.

Sorry.
lulu
Hi there,
I am working with a non-profit organization that would like to use Recruiting Manager. I've installed the app and customized some of the picklists, but I would love to be able to easily convert applicants to candidates. Have you any updated info on whether that scontrol might be available?
Thank you!

LdynesLdynes
Does anyone have more information on how to create a custom button or s-control to convert Applicants in Recruiting Manager to Candidates? Is anyone able to at least describe how one would go about trying to create this? Is it possible to find the source code from the Convert button on the Lead record to duplicate the formula with Applicant/Candidate fields instead of Lead/Contact fields? Thank you for any assistance.