function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gokubigokubi 

Are references to Record Types on standard objects now forbidden in Appexchange?

I have some reports and S-Controls that reference record types on standard objects. In the past these have been appexchangeable. With Winter 07 I am now getting errors:

This item depends on another item that is not included in this package. Record Type: Gift

or just:

This item depends on another item that is not included in this package.

In the past, my code wasn't inspected for references to record types, nor were my reports. I used to appexchange them and then fix the references in the new org.

Does anyone know if more integrity checking has been added and if there is a way around this limitation? Can I now not appexchange anything that references a record type on a standard object?

Thanks,
Steve
dmccrorydmccrory
I am wondering the same thing. Our package containing custom objects referencing the Campaign object fails to install on Professional editions that do not have Campaigns installed. In the past, the package would stil be installed, but now the package returns errors. This seems to suggest that their is more integrity in the installer.

Does anyone know with certainty?
Jim Yu.ax185Jim Yu.ax185
Yes, with Winter '07, we have added integrity checks. 

So if your package has a reference to an standard object (in this case campaigns), it makes sure that the subscriber has access to that the standard object.  The same is true for the report that references a custom record type on the standard object.  If you remove the reference, it should pass the integrity check.

Jim

Jim Yu
Director, Platform Product Management

KunlunKunlun
I also have this problem, I can't upload a scontrol
it said This item depends on another item that is not included in this package. Filter: All Contacts
I think contact is a standard object, how can I add it to my package?