function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
onstate.nkeeneyonstate.nkeeney 

Packaging Home Page Components etc?

Hi... the App we're developing for SF integration with our third-party software hinges on a Home Page Component which displays in the left sidebar on the Home page, and also on every tab.

We have accomplished this by using a "hidden" inline frame to hold the Custom S-Control in the Home Page Component, and then we use the setting that allows Home Page Components to appear on every tab.

My question is how do we package these settings into an App? Is it possible to 1) Insert the Home Page Component into the customer's Home Page, and 2) Change his/her settings to display said Home Page Component on every tab?

If not - how do other app designers get around not being able to "install" certain components? Do you just release an intallation how-to and hope your customers are all advanced users? :-/

Thanks,
-Nathan
BXBX
I am basically asking the same question as Nathan.  See my thread here:

Is it common to expect a SF admin to know how to makes these custom changes with custom buttons and layouts?
GregCGregC
With the Summer 07 Release home page components can be packaged.  See the developer preview notes at http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Packaging_and_AppExchange_Preview  for updates on what's new in packaging.