function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Udaya BhaskarUdaya Bhaskar 

Help needed on System & UAT Testing

Hi All,

We have Sandbox and production systems and configured the requirements in sandbox system. We are already in the process of replicating the same in Production system. Can some one tell us where should the system and UAT Testing be performed ? We are assuming that system and UAT will be done on production system.  Please share us the best practice followed and relevant info on the same.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Udaya
gmartingmartin
Testing and UAT are intended use scenarios for Sandbox. I don't know enough about your specific situation to provide a single specific recommendation, but generally I suggest the use of Sandbox, perhaps in combination with developer orgs depending on what you're trying to achieve, to complete your development, testing and UAT, and after those are complete make the updates to your production system.

glen
GrantGrant
Hi Udaya, System and UAT Testing should not be performed on any part of the production infrastructure as the testing conducted could corrupt your production setup and live usage. The sandbox area is normally associated with development and  you should not mix development and test. From a Testing perspective, the best practice option is to have a dedicated test environment, which mimics production to the highest level achievable (best practice would look to achieve 45% capability.) Interfacing systems should also be replicated to an extent necessary to test the application, or the interfaces replaced with Stubs or a Test Harness. System testing should be run on the Test Environment to remove the majority of errors before passing over to UAT to complete the business scenario testing. If you are time constrained and there is any overlap between System and UAT testing, then you would ideally have two seperate test environments, or a headache making sure that one set of testing does not corupt the other. I hope this is of help - if you need any more assistance then please let me know. I work for a consultancy focused purely on software testing with capabilites in the UK, USA and India if this is of interest.