function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
chesschess 

Matrix Reports : formula fields

I am trying to build a matix report which has both row groupings and column groups. In the summary section i drop in one of the columns called 'Amount' in one of custom objects. When the report is displayed, the row title for this summary field says 'Sum of Amount'. I want to get rid of this title and call my title as just 'Amount' without the 'Sum of'. There currently didnt seem to be a way to change the title.

To overcome this i created a formula field in the report which sums the amount and called it 'Amount'. However, I am unable to drag this field to the summary section of the report. I can only drag it if I include atleast one other column from the custom object. If i remove the the column, the formula field  i added also is removed. Is this a bug?

Is there a way to change the title or get rid of the 'Sum Of' before the column which was my original requirement.

Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
EnthEnth

There's a new Profile property called Report Builder. If you're a Sys Admin then clone the standard profile as you won't be able to switch it off, change the profile property and then re-assign your use to your Custom Sys Admin profile.

All Answers

EnthEnth

You have the right solution as I recall but it does sound like a bug in the new drag-and-drop report builder. Suggest you raise a case. In the meantime you should still be able to access the old wizard style report customisation to try adding the report formula column without any other fields.

EnthEnth

You'll need to edit - or create a new profile, to remove the Report Builder property in order to switch back to the old view, but it does still work. However, I tried the same thing using the Report Builder and it worked fine, care to share a screenshot of the report ?

chesschess

thanks for the response. i will perhaps try with a simple test case first. i am also positive that it is a bug with the new builder since i created a similar report before and it works fine. i tried to edit the report metadata to mimic my older report but didnt succeed. i didnt know that we could revert to the old report builder.  can you let me know where the property is to switch to old report wizard. thanks

EnthEnth

There's a new Profile property called Report Builder. If you're a Sys Admin then clone the standard profile as you won't be able to switch it off, change the profile property and then re-assign your use to your Custom Sys Admin profile.

This was selected as the best answer