function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
saarbosaarbo 

Custom Discount Field in Opportunity Product Object

Hello, I need to create a custom field in the opportunity product object page which allows me to do the following for each selected product:

• enables a user to enter a discount rate which manipulates the 'sales price' field as a percent of the product list price

-or-

• calculates the discount rate when the value in the 'sales price' field is entered as different than the value of the 'list price field'

For the first option, can the 'sales price' field be influenced by the value within a custom field and can it be locked? If so, this would be my preferred option. This way a sales rep could enter a discount rate which would automatically adjust the sales price. If this is not an option, what woule the formula be for the second option.

Thanks!

Steve :-/Steve :-/

You might be able to do something like that with a Workflow Rule and a Field Update.  There's an example of some thing similar in the Online Help & Training, I can't get the link, but if you search on "update Opportunity Amount field" it should appear in the Top-5 Solutions.