function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LDragoLDrago 

Formula assistance needed to compute

I'm trying to figure out a formula that the vaules are taken from a picklist multiplied by another field. How do I do this? This formula would create a new field. Thank you! 

Steve :-/Steve :-/

Okay first of all a formula cannot "create" another field on the fly (that has to be done by you or an SFDC Admin).  It souldnd like that you want to do is evaluate the value selected in a Picklist Field and then use that in a formula.  

Can you list the Objects, Fields, Datatypes, and values that you're using?  Also write out an example of the formula you want to use to calculate your new field.

LDragoLDrago

Yes, I need to evaulate the vaule selected so I can then use it within a forumula. I'm not sure of the formula but I know it will take the value selected from the picklist and ideally multiply that times another value in another field.(not a picklist).

These two fields that I am referring to are not SF standard fields they are custom fields I developed.

Steve :-/Steve :-/

Okay that's not exactly the info that I was looking for, but it's a start.  What I really need is a list of the Fields that you are evaluating, the API Field Name, Datatype, values, and a description or example of the Formula you are trying to execute.

Like:

Field1: Picklist (Values A, B, C)

Field 2: Number

Field3: Formula(Number,0) 

IF Field1 = A then 1

IF Field1 = B then 2

IF Field1 = C then 3

Field3 = Field1 * Field 2