function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
davidgillendavidgillen 

Unable to add formula field to a report.

Hi.

I have a custom object with a number of formula fields on it. One which I just added recently, a text formula field, is not available to add in to reports. It is a basic formula field which only references other fields directly on the object. There is no cross object stuff going on. The field appears to have full readability. However, it is just not available to select and drag onto any report.

Thanks,

David.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
flewellsflewells

Hi, I would first check the field level security (FLS) to make sure the field is visible.  If you made changes to FLS, check your report again.  If the field still doesn't show, then my next guess is you're building your report based on a custom report type and the fields need to be added to that Custom Report Type.

All Answers

flewellsflewells

Hi, I would first check the field level security (FLS) to make sure the field is visible.  If you made changes to FLS, check your report again.  If the field still doesn't show, then my next guess is you're building your report based on a custom report type and the fields need to be added to that Custom Report Type.

This was selected as the best answer
davidgillendavidgillen

Thanks fleweels. The fields needed to be added to the custom report type. Which for reference of anyone else reading this down the link you click the name of the custom report type, not the edit button.

Thanks again.