function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
carisakcarisak 

Campaign Mass Task Creator - HELP!!

Hi everyone! I recently installed the Campaign Mass Task Creator (from AppExchange) and am getting the following error:

Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, Please clear the Completed Date/Time field until this task is marked Completed.

Anyone familiar with this app? Any thoughts on what is happening and how to fix it?? I desperately need to use this app or I will have to create 120 tasks manually! Thanks!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
MrTheTylerMrTheTyler

it appears that you may have your own validation rule for a record that is trying to be inserted.  I am guessing this would be a task record.  You may want to look at Setup>Customize>Task Validation Rules and see if there is a rule you can temporarily disable and then try to use the mass task creator again.

You may also want to look at the excel to salesforce connector as an option for inserting the tasks or you could write apex code that loops through your list of tasks and creates them.  There are lots of coders on these boards (like me) that can get the full scope of what you want to accomplish and quote you on getting this done for you.  From the sounds of it, this could be a short 1 to 2 hour project....but you never know until you hash out the details.

Cheers,

Tyler

All Answers

MrTheTylerMrTheTyler

it appears that you may have your own validation rule for a record that is trying to be inserted.  I am guessing this would be a task record.  You may want to look at Setup>Customize>Task Validation Rules and see if there is a rule you can temporarily disable and then try to use the mass task creator again.

You may also want to look at the excel to salesforce connector as an option for inserting the tasks or you could write apex code that loops through your list of tasks and creates them.  There are lots of coders on these boards (like me) that can get the full scope of what you want to accomplish and quote you on getting this done for you.  From the sounds of it, this could be a short 1 to 2 hour project....but you never know until you hash out the details.

Cheers,

Tyler

This was selected as the best answer
carisakcarisak

Thank you SO very much Tyler! That did it! I appreciate it!

Carisa

MrTheTylerMrTheTyler

right on!  glad it worked out.