function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pladmwpladmw 

Problem creating a simple formula.

When trying to creat a formula which, adds the totals of 2 other fromulas I get the following error message
"Error: Compiled formula is too big to execute (7,760 characters). Maximum size is 5,000 characters". Which I find confusing since the formula it's self is  "TA1__c + TA2__c". the formula format is number with 3 decimal places. So I guess the crux of my problem is how the systems counts characters when compiling a formula?  Any one have any ideas/clues/suggestions?
rockchick322004rockchick322004
At runtime, the formula will resolve to be the length of the two formulas you reference, added together, plus whatever we need to add to make it into a sql statement that gets data out of the database.  That is the "compiled size", and it is too big in your case.  
HerosHeros
What you want to do is wait until the Spring Release is avaible for your organization and then try it again.  (Spring Release dates are at this link:  http://trust.salesforce.com/trust/status/maintenance.html).

Once the Spring Release hits your formula might run like that because salesforce.com is increasing the Formula sizes for us again.   WOOT!!!!:smileyvery-happy:
rockchick322004rockchick322004
Thank you, Heros, for your excitement about Spring '08!  :-)  We did increase the formula size limit for formula fields fom 1300 characters to 3900 characters, but we did not increase the compiled size limit: it is still 5000.