function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CRM_MikeCRM_Mike 

Timing on updating calculated fields

Here's a problem making me pull my hair out (which is a problem as I do not have any to spare!):

I created a simple field on my ASSET records called 'Net_$'. 
It is calculated using the following formula: 'Net_$ = (Gross_$ - Adj_$)'. 
When I change either Gross_$ or Adj_$, Net_$ on the ASSET records changes (which is what I would have expected).  HOWEVER, if I make this change and then look at that ASSET record in a report, it STILL SHOWS THE "OLD" VALUE! 

Is it a timing issue? 
Am I doing something wrong?

(I tried logging off then back on, being in the report and not being in the report at the time of the update, using the 'REFRESH' as well as re-creating the report, all to no avail.)

I could REALLY use some help.

Thanks in advance,

Mike
NPMNPM
 It does not appear you have done anyting wrong from what was described.   But, make sure the field in the report is the exact same field in the record.  Calculated (formula) fields are executed at run time so the value should definately change in the report when you run it.  If you have made the changes and saved the record, the next time the report is run that includes data from that record the value should match the value of the formula field in the record.  If you look at the report that includes data from that record and open the detail record in another Window and the value in the formula field do do not match you may want to call support for help. 
CRM_MikeCRM_Mike
Thanx..................(I'm almost embarassed to say this was the problem.  I was too close and couldn't "see the forest for the trees".)
NPMNPM

Been there - got to laugh at yourself :smileyvery-happy: