function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
S&PCRMCherylS&PCRMCheryl 

Need help with Formula/S Control for accounts

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to create a roll up summary field that can appear in the search view of how many contacts an account has.  Our data quality is lacking right now and while its being fixed I'm trying to find a way to help people know which account to use.  I have gotten feedback on using account teams (we already use this), but if they dont know which account to add themselves to, then it doesn't really work.

What we thought we could do is create a roll up summary betwen accounts and contacts and tell them to choose the account that has the most contacts and that will become the surviving account during the merge.

I can't seem to figure out how to create this roll up summary since it doesn't seem to be out of the box, anyone have any suggestions or a starting point for me?

Thanks,

Cheryl

KC-CRM AnalystKC-CRM Analyst
I don't have an answer for you yet Cheryl but, I know why Salesforce doesn't do this straight out of the box.

In order to do a roll-up summary field, you must have the parent object, in this case the account, as a master-detail field.

While in many cases the account is a required field, Salesforce allows the removal of this requirement in order to create private contacts.

My suggestion would be to run a contacts report summarized by account name.  From the report you can quickly and efficiently link into the accounts to make changes, even if all you were to do was change the Account Name by placing a * at the beginning to set it apart.