function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
IvarIvar 

Timeout when trying to deploy project from Eclipse

Hi everybody. I am having trouble trying to deploy a small project into our salesforce instance. I have been working with this in Eclipse against our sandbox org, and am trying to deploy to production.

I have tried numerous times but am always getting a timeout. I have also been working at a sister company doing similar work and there I have no trouble. The difference between the two is that at the sister company I am working with an Enterprise edition with some minor customizations, but here I have an Unlimited edition which has been heavily customized and expanded, so I fear that has something to do with the problem.

The error I get in eclipse is the following:
"Unable to generate deployment plan against destination organization. Reason: ServiceException: Operation time out - polling limit (600000 milliseconds) reached".

Does anyone have an idea as how I might get around this problem?

Best regards,
Ivar
JonPJonP
For the time being, the solution is to use the Force.com Migration Tool, a command-line tool that uses a similar folder structure to the IDE.  (Point it to a folder containing package.xml.)  This tool has parameters for setting the timeout and max-poll values, so you can extend the deployment indefinitely.

The Winter '09 release of the Force.com IDE will allow deployments to run as long as necessary.
IvarIvar
Thanks JonP. Does anyone know when the next version of the IDE is expected?
JonPJonP
The new Force.com IDE will be available on 10/28.