function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AbrahamAbraham 

How to get Apex errors in emails?

Hi,

I perform the Functional Admin for my org and currently all error emails generated from Apex triggers go to the Apex Developer Admin.

Since i have taken over his responsibilities I want to receive the same rather than him.

Can anyone help me in changing this? I am thinking there is some place on the UI where i can change the current email address to mine so as to receive the same.

Thanks
David VPDavid VP
Did you check 'Send Apex Warning Emails' in your user profile ?

-David

AbrahamAbraham
Where can I find that ?

Thanks
ConfiguratorConfigurator

This setting (checkbox) is in the user.    did it work for you? 

I am the developer and would like to ensure a admin get the errors as well.  I get them now becuase I'm the trigger creator.

This option look more like a warning that a method of directing the error / failure emails of a trigger or class.   I looked it up in the developer's guide and it says the same thing.   However it never mentions hard error emails.

Found this in help:  

Send Apex Warning EmailsIf selected, specifies that the user will receive email notification whenever he or she executes Apex that surpasses more than 50% of allocated governor limits. See the Force.com Apex Code Developer's Guide for information.

Available in Developer, Enterprise, and Unlimited Editions only.

I guess I also want to know what happens to the email error alerts for a tigger error when the creator (author) user record in no longer active.  The error emails so no where?

BGrimesBGrimes

Looks like you've found the "awesome" feature that we deal with here since any 4 of us can deploy a class or trigger and NONE of us want the errors, that's what our QA person is for.  In the end we just created an Outlook rule that fowards any Apex error to a n Exchange group so taht we all get the error.  If anyone (looking at you Salesforce) does find an answer to this please post it.  We've been dealing with this for 2 years now and it's an acccepted annoyance.

shrutiiiiishrutiiiii
Will you please tell me the API name of 'Send Apex Warning Emails' field on User?