function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dmchengdmcheng 

Enforce Validation and Triggers from Lead Convert: SF tech support doesn't know where it is??

I opened a case with Salesforce 18 days ago to enable the Enforce Validation and Triggers from Lead Convert feature.  They still are not able to find evidence of the feature or how to enable it.  Am I going insane?  Does anyone have a suggestion of what I should tell them to look for, or point me to a screenshot so I can show them what it is supposed to look like?  I have never seen it myself, so maybe I am going insane.

Thanks
David
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
EJWEJW
If you create a new DE org that option will be under Setup->Customize->Leads->Settings and is called "Enforce Validation and Triggers from Lead Convert" and is both visible and enabled by default in orgs created since around February of this year. In older orgs the option is hidden and disabled by default. We've found that some support reps know what the option is and how to enable it right away and some have never heard of it. You're not going crazy. You might ask for another rep or for it to be escalated to teir 2 if possible.

Screenshot:

All Answers

EJWEJW
If you create a new DE org that option will be under Setup->Customize->Leads->Settings and is called "Enforce Validation and Triggers from Lead Convert" and is both visible and enabled by default in orgs created since around February of this year. In older orgs the option is hidden and disabled by default. We've found that some support reps know what the option is and how to enable it right away and some have never heard of it. You're not going crazy. You might ask for another rep or for it to be escalated to teir 2 if possible.

Screenshot:

This was selected as the best answer
dmchengdmcheng
E.J., thanks for your reply and the screenshot.

David
yeknomyeknom

Thanks thanks a lot!! =)