function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
HuluSFAdminHuluSFAdmin 

Accessing the DEV Sanbox environment from Eclipse

I created a DEV Sandbox environment of my production instance of SF. How would I access the sandbox environment via web service APIs or Eclipse Force.com toolkit?
JonPJonP
When you create a new Force.com project in the Force.com IDE, the first page of the wizard has a picklist for the environment, e.g. "Production/Developer Edition" or "Sandbox".  (If you don't see this picklist, you need to upgrade to the latest IDE.)

As for accessing a Sandbox API endpoint directly, change the hostname from "www.salesforce.com" to "test.salesforce.com".  The rest of the endpoint URL should remain the same.

HuluSFAdminHuluSFAdmin
I tried that and no luck. I used the same username/password that I used to login to the Dev Instance. The security token was the same token I had for my production instance.

In the Login History, I see an entry for a login failure. So I know it is hitting the login request is making it to the server.
BritishBoyinDCBritishBoyinDC
I would recommend making sure you can login in via the normal UI before trying to connect via Eclipse.

Your username would be the same as your production one, but with the name of the sandbox as an extension

e.g. Prod: user@salesforce.com

If Sandbox is called QA

Sandbox login user@salesforce.com.qa

Password is the same for both systems.
HuluSFAdminHuluSFAdmin
I am able to access my Sanbbox environment's SalesForce User interface. I used the  username/password used to login to the UI while trying to connect my Eclipse Dev Environment to the Sandbox and no luck.
JonPJonP
Have you tried resetting your token on Sandbox and trying the new one?  I'm not sure whether the tokens are the same on Sandbox and production.

If you're seeing the login failure on your Sandbox organization login history, then either your password or token must be incorrect.
HuluSFAdminHuluSFAdmin
Hello,

I tried resetting the security token and no luck. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Chaitanya