function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GanuGanu 

Test Method for OpportunityContactRole

Hi,
I have written a Test Method for the below Trigger but am getting only 44% of test coverage. This trigger finds the Max of Close date from the Opportunities and calculates the sum of Opportunity Amount.
Please! Can anybody give a suggestion for this?

My code:
trigger DonationUpdateonContact on Opportunity bulk(after insert, after update)
 {
  if(Trigger.isInsert || Trigger.isupdate)
  { 
   for (Opportunity opp :Trigger.new)
   {
    Id OppId;     
   OppId = opp.Id;
   Date Contactdate;
   Double totgift=0;
   OpportunityContactRole[] ThisOppRole = [select ContactId,Opportunity.Amount,Opportunity.CloseDate From
   OpportunityContactRole WHERE Opportunity.Id = :opp.Id];
   if (ThisOppRole.size()>0)
   {                     
                  OpportunityContactRole[] ThisOppRole1=[select Id,ContactId,Opportunity.Amount,Opportunity.CloseDate From
                   OpportunityContactRole WHERE ContactId= :ThisOppRole[0].ContactId order by Opportunity.CloseDate DESC];

if (ThisOppRole1.size()>0)
                      {
                        Contactdate = ThisOppRole1[0].Opportunity.CloseDate;
                        for(integer i=0;i<ThisOppRole1.size();i++)
                        {               
                        totgift+=ThisOppRole1[i].Opportunity.Amount;               
                        }                                                  
                        Contact CurrentContact = [select Id,Last_Donation_Date__c,Total_of_all_gifts_given__c  from Contact
                        where Id=:ThisOppRole1[0].ContactId];
                        CurrentContact.Total_of_all_gifts_given__c=totgift;                         
                        CurrentContact.Last_Donation_Date__c=Contactdate;
                        update  CurrentContact;
                     }                            
       }
     }
  }
Test Method:
public class DonationUpdateoncontacttest
{
    public static testMethod void DonationUpdateonContact()
    {
       Id OppId;     
       Date Contactdate;
       Double totgift=0;
       Id ContactId=null;
       integer i=0;
     Account acc=new Account(Name='NewAcc');
     insert acc;    
     Contact cp= new Contact(LastName='ContactTest',AccountId=acc.Id,Contact_type__c='Donor',Donor_Status__c='Active',Last_Donation_Date__c=system.today(),Total_of_all_gifts_given__c=12,Boardmember_type__c='Board chair',Member_Type__c='Current',Staff_Status__c='Current staff');
     insert cp;
     Opportunity  oppc=new Opportunity (Name='Newopp',StageName='Posted',closedate=system.today(),Amount=10);
     insert oppc;
      OpportunityContactRole oppr=new OpportunityContactRole(Role='Donor',OpportunityId=oppc.Id,ContactId=cp.Id,Isprimary=true);
     insert oppr;
        OpportunityContactRole[] ThisOppRole = [select ContactId,Opportunity.Amount,Opportunity.CloseDate From
        OpportunityContactRole WHERE Opportunity.Id = :oppc.Id];       
           OpportunityContactRole[] ThisOppRole1 = [select Id,ContactId,Opportunity.Amount,Opportunity.CloseDate From
           OpportunityContactRole WHERE ContactId= :ThisOppRole[0].ContactId order by Opportunity.CloseDate DESC];
           for(i=0;i<ThisOppRole1.size();i++)
           {               
            totgift+=ThisOppRole1[i].Opportunity.Amount;               
           } 
           Contactdate = ThisOppRole1[0].Opportunity.CloseDate;
           Contact CurrentContact = [select Id,Last_Donation_Date__c,Total_of_all_gifts_given__c  from Contact
           where Id=:ThisOppRole1[0].ContactId];
           CurrentContact.Total_of_all_gifts_given__c=totgift;                         
           CurrentContact.Last_Donation_Date__c=Contactdate;
           update CurrentContact;
  }
}
Thanks,
Ganu

slaneslane
Ganu -- the output from the test runner should tell you exactly which lines are not getting covered -- at least this is the case in the IDE, if that's what you're using. Do you know which lines aren't covered? That should give a good idea of how you need to expand your test.

-- Steve Lane
GanuGanu

Hi Steve Lane,

Thanks for your effort, I fixed the issue by updating the OpportunityContactRole.

And I get 100% of code coverage.

--Ganu