function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Anuj.ShuklaAnuj.Shukla 

Case Escalation Rules & Case Assignment Rules

Hi,

I am getting stuck at some place in Case module.

We are planning to setup some assignment & Escalation rules for Case object.

We have created some 10 case assignment rules and around 30 case escalation rules.

What is happening that, the moment I make one of these active, other become inactive.

Is it that I can have only one active case escalation rule and only one active case assignment rule at a time?

Please help me on this.

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Yes, the various "rules" around the system can only have one active rule at one time. That means you may have one active Lead Assignment Rule, Case Assignment Rule, Case Escalation Rule, and so on. Each "rule" is much like computer software; it can contain many hundreds of lines of conditions to observe, processing each one in order until one of them matches successfully. You must write one rule that is fully capable of encapsulating your entire escalation or assignment logic. Multiple rules are provided only so that administrators can build a completely new rule set, then once it is complete, switch from the old system to the new system, and back again if there are issues. Think of each category of rules as different recipes to make something. You can't simultaneously create one single pie using two difference recipes at the same time. Similarly, you can't assign a case two different ways simultaneously, so only one rule can be active at once.