function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BA_AdminBA_Admin 

Can we change the standard functionaltiy of the field?

Hi Guys,

is there any way to enter 1 infront of phone number, for example if enter 16775534352 in phone number field it just takes 6775534352 and it skips 1infront of phone number , did any one had this problem?

TIA!

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

It seems that taking 1 as a prefix in 11 digit phone number has a problem. SF is treating this as US code and thats why eliminating the 1.

BA_AdminBA_Admin

So is there any way to do this to make the phone field work even if we enter 11digits?

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Add a + character in front of the number (+18005551212), or change your locale from English (US) to basically any other locale.

Edit: See the Help window for information on salesforce.com's automatic phone formatting feature.

BA_AdminBA_Admin

We tried adding +18005551212 to the phone field but this doesn't allow us to make calls from Phone, usually the people from canada they want to make call from the phone field since canada numbers start with 1, iam not sure if this is possible in salesforce

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

You could change your Locale setting to English (United Kingdom). Only English (US) and English (Canada) have this behavior. Their locale is virtually identical to ours. I wish I had a better solution, but there doesn't appear to be one at this time.

BA_AdminBA_Admin

I have set the locale to English (Canada) and then the user tried calling from the phone but it seems it's not working probably salesforce doesn't support for canada i guess, but thx for the reply