function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Zach SmithZach Smith 

Dummy needing help with total Contacts PLEASE HELP ME

Hello! Sorry, I am new to sf.com and am just getting the hang of things. I have created a ton of reports already, yes mostly simple, but here is a problem I am running into.

I need to make a report, that simply shows in one column the Account Name, and the next column the number of contacts for that account. So for example, if Company XYZ has a CFO, CEO, and CIO listed as contacts, I want a report that I can export to Excell that shows Column A as the Account name, and Column B the Total number of contacts to that account.

Column A            |   Column B
----------------------|-----------------
Company XYZ                3

Does this make sense to anyone? Can anyone tell me an easy way to get the total accounts? When I have run it before, when it shows on SF.com it shows EXACTLY what I want, but when I export to Excel, all I get is the Account names. It does not show like Company XYZ (3 records) on the spreadsheet, it only shows Company XYZ. Basically I simply want the (3 records) to show in a seperate column! I can't figure it out!!!
AMartinAMartin

Hi Zach,

If you have already created the report and like the way the results look in sfdfc, don't click the "Export Details" button to get the report in Excel. Try the "Printable View" button instead.  The results will still go to Excel, but instead of getting every line item, you'll see the report as it looks in sfdc.

If you created your report as a summary report, you might want to try modifying it to a Matrix report.  It will look a little cleaner as long as you can select a column header that will group all of the contacts under one column.

hth.

Aiden

Zach SmithZach Smith
Yes I have played with the Printable view option, but the only problem with that, is it is all in one column. Column A has both Company XYZ (3 records) in it. I want it so that the (3 records) is displayed in a different column. Is this possible to do?
AMartinAMartin

Hi Zach,

Try creating changing the report from a Summary to a Matrix report.  The trick will be grouping by a column header that will show only one column.

If you are comfortable with Excel, you can export the details to Excel and then create a Pivot Table with the Account Name as the row label, sum of Account name as the Data section and no column header.

Aiden