function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
yvesyves 

Want to be able to ''Not closing an opportunities untill all task and activity is close''

Hello guy's

Need help in figuring out on how to force a RSM to close all task related to an Opportunities

basically , if there is task open ...then user will not be able to close his opportunities untill the closure of it ..

thanks for the help

Yves Bédard

Coveo Solutions Salesforce admin

ybedard@coveo.com
JakesterJakester
This sounds tricky to do. The only thing I can think of would be something like this:

1. Create a checkbox field called something like "All Tasks Closed" and don't put it on the page layout
  2. Create a validation rule that won't let you close the oppty until that checkbox is checked
  3. Create a custom s-control called Close_Opportunity which the user can click on.
    1. When this is run, the s-control scans all tasks to see if any are still opened
      1. If any are, then it returns an error message and doesn't close the oppty
      2. If they are all closed, then it checks that All Tasks Closed box and then closes the oppty
You'd probably also want to add a validation rule that doesn't let the user open the oppty again because otherwise they could re-open it and the checkbox would stay checked.

If you're looking for someone to write this for you, www.ezsaas.com is absolutely fantastic. I'm only a statisfied customer - no direct relationship or kickbacks for recommending them - but they are truly the best I've ever seen when it comes to these kinds of customizations.
yvesyves

Thanks , the problem is that i am not a programmer , do not know where to start to write that specific code itself (the scontrol needed).

thanks for the help

JakesterJakester
Neither am I a programmer - that's why I recommended www.ezsaas.com because they can do that programming. You won't be able to accomplish this without programming.