function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Bigsteve1txBigsteve1tx 

Account and Contact Relationship

I am a one man office and function as the sf.com user and administrator.  We are currently tagging all of our accounts by type (example of account type field value = client).  Additionally, we want all of the contact records under an account to be labeled as contact type = client.

We are currently having to manually enter in "client" under the contact type field for each contact we input.  Can anyone explain how to set up a rule so that a field in an account record is equal to the field in the contact record.  The goal is for the contact type field to auto generate the same value as under account.  In our example, sf.com would just automaticallly make the contact record type field prefill with "client" to match the account type field "client". 

Additionally, any reference to a qualified administrator in Dallas, Texas who could do some small coding projects like this would be appreciated. 

Steve

justajaynejustajayne

I believe you can create a workflow rule to accomplish this request. Try the following

Go to setup --> create (left pane) --> Work flow & approvals --> create

Choose the object --> name the rule--> specify your criteria --> next

Now specify the actions you wish to take:

"Add workflow action" --> new field update --> name this update --> specify the field to update --> done

To run the rule hit "activate" button

Let me know if this helps, as I am currently in a training session with Bluewolf and may be able to assist you. :)

Bigsteve1txBigsteve1tx
Thanks for the help.  I am professional edition so I do not believe I have the Workflow option available to me under set up.  It was not under the setup tab.  Steve
AnnDavisAnnDavis
You could create a new Contact field called "Type," and make it a picklist with "Client" as the default.  Then you would only have to change the non-clients.  Or do you have too many of those to make this solution practical?
Bigsteve1txBigsteve1tx
We are looking for something more automated.  We currently do have a field like that under contacts.  We just want it to autmatically mirror the 'type' field in accounts for all related contacts.  Steve
AnnDavisAnnDavis
Gotcha.  Sorry for being no help, then!  :robotsad:  GL!