function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CarrieLeeCarrieLee 

Reports and Dashboards Formula for Quotas

I would like to create a report that shows that for example:

Bob Johnson - Quota 7 million and is currently at 4.5 million.

I think I would use the "Custom Summary Formulas" on Step 2 "Select the information to summarize", but I'm not good with formulas.

The report would then be used to create a dashboard with a chart showing that Bob was at 4.5 million of his 7 million quota.

Right now you can only report on existing Closed Won sales so the graph only goes to that number and does not extend beyond to the quota amount.
jpizzalajpizzala
You shouldn't put the quota in the report itself - that is something you can set in the dashboard.  I would suggest copying the standard Opportunity Pipeline report (change the view so that only My Opportunities show).  Then you can create a dashboard item with Bob Johnson as the running user.  I would suggest the Gauge dashboard type with a max of 7,000,000 (or more to see how far Bob exceeds his quota) for displaying Bob's progress.

That all said, I'm not too sure what you mean by "Right now you can only report on existing Closed Won sales".  Are you limited to a specific report that is only reporting on closed won opportunities?  Do you have the appropriate permissions to create a report where the stage doesn't necessarily have to be closed won?
CarrieLeeCarrieLee

I realized when I posted the question that I could change the minimum and maximum fields on the dashboard display, but I have four different manufacturers with four different quotas for each sales rep that I want to display using one chart per sales rep. What I did was just put the quota amounts in the header of the chart and changed the maximum value to the sales reps total quota. Here's an example.

Quota TAMS, HOLOGIC, Quantum, FUJI
TAMS 5.25, HOLX 1.8, QMI 1.1, FUJI 660K - Click for detailed report

NXC FY September 1, 2007 to August 31, 2008