function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NYCMeghanNYCMeghan 

Task Creation based on Opportunity Price Change

Our sales process runs through several stages, with "Contract Signed" serving as a key trigger for several processes, including a nightly reconcilliation with Quickbooks resulting in invoice creation.

One issue we are having is this: the opportunity reaches "contract signed", the invoice is created, and on occasion at some point following that invoice creation, a salesperson might have a conversation with a client, change or modify the opportunity resulting in a pricing/product change.  However, the invoice has already been created, and possibly sent out by our accounts payable department.

I need to create a workflow that alerts or creates a task assigned to a specific user in A/P that this change has occurred, so that she can then go into Quickbooks and adjust the invoice accordingly, and send a new one to the client.

All of my attempts thus far have failed.  Any suggestions?
CRMsimpleCRMsimple
You can try this formula for your Workflow Rule criteria:
Code:
NOT(AND( ISCHANGED( UnitPrice ), ISPICKVAL( Opportunity.StageName, "Contract Signed") ) )

This one looks at the Sales Price (Unit Price) field (you could probably use Total Price too)
on the Opportunity Product as well as the Stage. I'm not sure how invloved your processes are and what other workflow you may have in there, but I got this to work in my Org.

Can you give me some more detail on your processes - I'm curious to know what actions the "Contract Signed" stage triggers.

Let me know how it works out.

Message Edited by CRMsimple on 06-10-2008 10:48 AM