function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
thuskerthusker 

Formula or S-Control to update Oppty from Custom Object???

Is there any way to use an S-control or a formula field to look at a field value on a custom object related to an Opportunity (or to have a user click a link/button on the object) and automatically trigger an update to a field on that related opportunity???  I know in the past this was not doable . . . just wondering or hoping if something may have changed to enable this kind of thing.

HarmpieHarmpie
If the field is rolling up data from the related object you could use a roll-up-summary field. If not, ofcourse an S-Control could do the trick, but would probably require some click on a link or button, so that's not what you want. Only other option i see is an APEX trigger on the related object. (Field update, formula fields etc. will not work)
TCAdminTCAdmin
Hello thusker,

This also depends on what type of relationship you are using. If you have the lookup field on the Opportunity you can utilize a cross-object formula. This would pull the data from the custom object to the opportunity. If you have the lookup field on the custom object it would require some type of s-control to do this. Please let me know if you need something like this.