function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kthorntonkthornton 

Creating a new Project

Hello,
   We have a client that would like to install the 'Professional Services Automation' app from the AppExchange and have a workflow that creates a new project whenever an opportunity has reached the stage 'Closed Won'.  I have been looking all over for the way to do this but have not come up with a solution.  Does anybody know how a field change on one object can be used to created a new record on a different object type?

Thank you.
Kyle
TCAdminTCAdmin
Hello kthornton,

The only way to do this fully automated would be with Apex. When a record is saved with that stage the first time create your new record and associate it. The easiest method though would be to use a custom link/button that would require the user to click a botton once they save it closed one. This would not be fully automated but would be the simplest. If you need instructions for building a custom link that would populate with specific values I have them on my site under Solutions.

If you are unable to program the Apex and would like to have something built then please email me or let me know.