function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JayBNAJayBNA 

Sorting a Summary Report

This may have a totally obvious solution.  However, I cannot for the life of me figure out a way to sort a summary report by the summarized value rather than the grouping criteria.

For example, here is the report I get:

Salesman    Satisfaction
A           5
B           1
C           10

What I want is

Salesman    Satisfaction
C           10
A           5
B           1

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Jay
JakesterJakester
Sorry - you can't do this with Salesforce reporting.
JayBNAJayBNA
Well then, I shall have a go with the Ideas site again and add a feature request.  This is a crazy oversight - I cannot even Dashboard to my support staff who has the best rating...

Thanks, Jay
rpr2rpr2

JayBNA,

While as Jakester indicates you can't do the sorting by the summary in a report, once you get to doing your dashboard, you should be able to accomplish what it sounds you are trying to do.  Seems like you are trying to do a "stack rank" type of display and that is certainly possible in dashboards.  Give it a try and if you get stuck in the dashboard, write back with info on where you are stuck.

Rhonda

JayBNAJayBNA
I have a dashboard now pointing to the report and see how it can sort.  However, the only column showing on the report is the record count - the two averages I need show on the report but not on the dashboard.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help, Jay
NPMNPM
What does the chart in your summary report (not the dashboard) show?
JayBNAJayBNA
I am trying to show the following

User       # of Cases       Avg Referral       Avg Satisfaction
John       90                   8.5                4
Jane       75                   8                  3.9
Fred       110                  7                  3

What I get on the dashboard is:

User       # of Cases
Fred       110
John       90
Jane       75

Thanks, Jay
rpr2rpr2

JayBNA,

This isn't very intuitive at all, but as NPM was implying, you are going to have to create a chart in your report that shows the fields you want available in the dashboard, and then when you get to the dashboard, you will be able to select which field -- but only one field -- to show.  You can include 3 separate dashboard components though one showing # cases, second showing avg referral, and third showing avg satisfaction.

Hope this helps,

Rhonda

JayBNAJayBNA
Thank you.  That worked but it is spectacularly unintuitive.  Hopefully this will be addressed in future releases.

Jay
Twin TurboTwin Turbo

Rpr2,

I have a account report and selected the stack horizontal bars but I am unable to rank them.  Any tip on how to create a chart that ranks the horizontal bar? Is there a way to limited it to the top 50 results?

Thank you so much, your help is greatly appreciated.