function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jenell_LJenell_L 

Compiled formula to big... help! :)

When creating a formula which sums several fields (6 custom fields, which are formulas) I get the below error.

Error: Invalid Data.
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Compiled formula is too big to execute (5,691 characters). Maximum size is 5,000 characters

I understand what's happening, but I don't know how I can get around it... Any ideas? I need to sum the fields. :|

Message Edited by Jenell_L on 07-16-2008 03:31 PM
ckellieckellie
Create two fields that will not be on you page layout. Then sum the two subtotal fields.
Jenell_LJenell_L
Thank you... still is 5707, max is 5000. Any other ideas?
ckellieckellie

Divide the formula into thirds. If that doesn't work, divide the formula into fourths. I would imagine dividing the formula into thirds will work. You might have to be creative in how you divide the formula. I have this in my org at least once if not two or three separate series of fields.

Jenell_LJenell_L
Thanks. I tried this and it seems that as I split up the formula it's only making the number grow, not shrink. :|
ckellieckellie
Post the formula
Jenell_LJenell_L
Here's the formula that is to large:
Budget_Sum_1__c +  Budget_Sum_2__c + Budget_Sum_3__c

Here are the others...

Budget_Sum_1__c:
CM_Current_Qtr_Est_Amount__c +  SP_Current_Qtr_Est_Amount__c

Budget_Sum_2__c:
EOW_Current_Qtr_Est_Amount__c + TB_Current_Qtr_Est_Amount__c

Budget_Sum_3__c:
Email_Current_Qtr_Est_Amount__c + MySite_Current_Qtr_Est_Amount__c
ckellieckellie

I see what the problem is.

Your final field, make it a blank text field. Move your formula to a workflow rule that is a field update. You might have to move all your formulas into the field updates if you still are having problems.