function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gwynfryngwynfryn 

Can't delete triggers from production org

Hello

I am trying to delete some Apex triggers from our production org through Eclipse and keep getting the following error (from the force-ide.log):

ERROR [2008-12-01 14:49:30,051] (DeleteRefactorController.java:performRemoteDelete:253) - Remote delete failed with the following message.  Delete will be aborted.
  package.xml: null
  Attendence_updateScore: null

Also I can't delete the triggers from the salesforce web interface. It works in our Sandbox but I need to get rid of the triggers in the production org so I can deploy a new object.

Any help would be hugely appreciated

Thanks
Matt
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
jrotensteinjrotenstein
I recently had a similar requirement and the way I did it was:
  • Delete the Trigger in the Sandbox via the web interface (Object -> Triggers -> Del)
  • Within Eclipse I did a "Refresh from server" on the Sandbox -- this made the files disappear
  • Within Eclipse I then deployed to Production, ticking the "Delete" line in the deployment list

All Answers

jrotensteinjrotenstein
I recently had a similar requirement and the way I did it was:
  • Delete the Trigger in the Sandbox via the web interface (Object -> Triggers -> Del)
  • Within Eclipse I did a "Refresh from server" on the Sandbox -- this made the files disappear
  • Within Eclipse I then deployed to Production, ticking the "Delete" line in the deployment list

This was selected as the best answer
gwynfryngwynfryn
Thank you, John - that worked perfectly
Jerry HongJerry Hong

Thank you so much!

Jerry HongJerry Hong

I find a quicker way, in Eclipse, you can open the trigger's meta data(XML) and set the status to "deleted" and save