function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JimRaeJimRae 

Inbound Email Service - Address not authorized (554 Transaction Failed) [SOLVED]

I have an inbound email service that is supposed to accept emails from our legacy system and process some system updates (a poor mans synchronize).  When the legacy system sends the mesage, we get the error:

554 Transaction failed: xxxx is not authorized to send emails to this service.

Originally, the service was set up to accept messages only from this address, and the administration address. I have also tried removing any "accept email from" addresses, leaving the service wide open (not desired, but for testing purposes).  When I send form the admin email address it works fine, but from my legacy system email, I get the error.

Has anyone else run into this type of issue, and if so, how was it resolved? I have had a case open with support for several weeks, but they have not been able to address the issue.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Message Edited by JimRae on 12-10-2008 09:09 AM
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Rasmus MenckeRasmus Mencke
have you checked the security setting on the email address? even if the email service is setup to accept all emails, the email address is defaulted to only accept from the user setting it up.

All Answers

have you checked the security setting on the email address? even if the email service is setup to accept all emails, the email address is defaulted to only accept from the user setting it up.
This was selected as the best answer
JimRaeJimRae
You Sir, are a genius!!  That was it.  Tier 3 support and the email service SME from SFDC have not been able to figure that out for the past few weeks.

Thank you so much!!!!!

e6consulte6consult

I am having the same issue at the moment.  Can you please tell me where to check the security setting on the email address??  Which email address?  Thanks

You can get to the security settings:

Setup | Develop | Email Services 

Under that area you can find the email service, you can see who are allowed to send emails to the service, also check under the email address, where the default is adding the users email address, you might want to change both settings. 

Sandy_BodellSandy_Bodell

Is  there a way to get responses from contacts into salesforce with out having to add them explicitly to the "acceptable email addresses"?

Like, how would you allow all contacts to be able to send emails so you can link all your contact activity?